+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to stop the FG & extra pt block & pooch kick?

How to stop the FG & extra pt block & pooch kick?

I had 2 extra pts and a fg blocked in 1 game causing me to lose the game. It seems like over 75% of the people i play can do this glitch. Whats the counter. Also, what is the pooch kick counter. Usually i control the center man on the kickoff and hold "A"(xbox). that is only working 50% of the time as well.

Not sure as of the FG block but for the pooch kick make sure your front line is lined up on the fifty not the 45 yard line. On the PS3 you just press square square for them to adjust. I would like to note while this is not 100% you will find it very successful against the pooch kick. I cannot tell you what button it is on the 360 but it's equivalent to the square on the PS3.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBum View Post
    Not sure as of the FG block but for the pooch kick make sure your front line is lined up on the fifty not the 45 yard line. On the PS3 you just press square square for them to adjust. I would like to note while this is not 100% you will find it very successful against the pooch kick. I cannot tell you what button it is on the 360 but it's equivalent to the square on the PS3.
    Thanks. I think []=x on xbox

Couple of things.first with the xtra point blocks, this is a timing thing, so for starters dont let the power bar go up to maximum you need very little power to kick an extra point, these quick kicks will throw off the blockers timing, secondly since your on Xbox and I think your X button is A for you, once you click A once to set your power and A again for your accuracy click on and hold on to A again, this will disrupt the blockers timing and a lot of times even cause him to jump offsides because he thinks he knows your timing but holding down A will actually fool him into thinking he has your timing down when he doesnt. I think you will start to see less blocked kicks...... as far as the pooch kicks, bum's strategy is correct personally I always ensure on kickoffs My user is on the center lineman of the wedge, but I never control that player, more often than not if you do you will take yourself outta the play and not be able to recover the pooch kick. Instead once your on that player let the computer recover the ball, I never lose surprise kicks this way...........lock_down 100 has a sure fire method as well where he actually takes charge and recovers the ball himself. My way works for me without issue, but you can always PM Lock if you are interested in manually recovering the ball yourself.

+ Reply to Thread